If you are a new router user and facing trouble making changes in your setup page then this article is for you if your router uses 192.168.1.1 as its default IP address and How you can log in to its admin page? following our guidelines you can easily learn about it.
What is 192.168.1.1?
The IP address which comes under the range of 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.155 are private IP addresses and are used to log in to the admin panel of the router. It is a default IP address predefined by the companies to be used as a default gateway for making necessary changes in the router setting.
192.168.1.1 can be used repeatedly by more than one user if the network is different. It also makes router management easy and also serves as a gateway although previously it was created to be used by specific router brands now other manufacturers also started using it.
Private IP address?
Private IP addresses are those which cannot be routed on the internet and no traffic could be sent to them from the internet; they are intended only to be used in a closed network area.
192.168.1.1 Admin login
The process of accessing the admin page using 192.168.1.1 is quite simple. You can do it single-handed without any Hustle. Just follow The below steps to make login and change the various configurations which the router provides.
1 . Getting access to the admin panel is very necessary, for any kind of setting whether it is regarding changing the password for the SSID name admin panel must be accessible , so enter 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your favorite browser.
2. If you are facing trouble in log in using
192.168.1.1 Maybe you are facing a hardwired connection issue so you can once check your username and password again. The issue can also arise within the wireless router itself so no need to panic just check these things properly.
3. If you have forgotten your username and password you can reset your router by pressing the reset button for a few seconds or if you are a new user you have not changed the default settings then you can search the login credentials in the manual provided with the router brand.
4. After filling all the basic Credential you will be redirected to the admin panel. Where you can administer your router’s setting.
6. After doing changes if you want you can log out from the router and disconnect your computer.
Router Brands that use IP address 192.168.1.1
Here is one thing you have to note that every router brand’s top priority is their user security and privacy. That’s why no router has the same IP and if it happens network malfunctioning will occur, but a private IP address can be repeatedly used by more than one user if the network which it uses is different.
Here is a keynote that different routers can have the same IP as well. Suppose if you are using a Netgear router you can assess the Netgear WED GUI and make changes directly using 192.168.1.1 as the default IP. The main differences are in their model number and login details. Therefore your office computer and the computer you use at home can be given an identical address and this will not cause any problem.
How to Reset the Router?
You can use the 192.168.1.1 default IP address to reset your Linksys router. The need to reset arises when you have forgotten your password or any persistent issues arise within the router.
To reset your router password you need to follow the below step guide.
- First of all, you need to locate the reset button and you will find it on the back of the router. Now press the button for a few seconds once the light of the router turns back to (internet, power and WLAN) depress the button.
- Establish the connection between your computer and router by using an Ethernet cable and fixing it near the reset button out of the 4 ports given.
- Launch your browser opera or Firefox and establish a tangible connection
- Now enter your login credentials and continue setting up the necessary things.
Through this article we have tried to provide you with all the necessary information regarding 192.168.1.1 and its Settings we hope this information helps you if there’s anything you still want to know about you are free to ask us.